Being able to put dinner on the table effortlessly and quickly is often a priority in our households, especially on a hot summer's day when the last thing you want to do is slave over the stove for hours.
This spaghetti is quick and simple to put together, perfectly sweet and salty, and perfect for the warmer weather.
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 x 180g Rio Mare Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
110g baby capers in vinegar, drained
1/2 cup green olives
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 cups baby rocket
Salt & pepper, to taste
lemon wedges (optional)
Chilli, chopped (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- In a large frypan, sauté the onions in oil on medium heat for approximately 6 minutes until caramelised.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan and mix through.
- Add tuna (with the oil in the jar), pine nuts, capers, green olives and parsley, and stir until the spaghetti is well coated.
- Just before serving, fold through the baby rocket. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a squeeze of lemon and fresh chilli.